I don’t know about you, but I’m a year-round smoothie enthusiast. This fact starts to seem pretty nutty come the middle of winter, when I find myself shivering through my breakfast, but I just love that smoothies allow you to start your day with a hefty portion of fruit and veg, all in one glass. On weekday mornings, I usually drink them as they are, but weekends are the time to pour them into bowls to top with all your favourite things – think nuts, seeds, more sliced fruit…you get the idea!
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of frozen berries (I like a mix of strawberries and raspberries)
- Juice of ¼ lemon (optional)
- ½ a ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 cups of plant milk of choice (almond, coconut, oat, etc.)
- Your favourite smoothie bowl toppings (optional, for this photo I used sliced bananas and strawberries, puffed quinoa, sliced almonds, and shredded coconut)
- Pour all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. I often do this using a large measuring cup and my immersion blender. Either pour into two glasses or two bowls. If making bowls, top with all your chosen toppings and dig in!